Wake up each day to be part of a movement. A movement to make an impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.
our people deliver.®
Empowerment, active listening and creative thinking are a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a world-class customer experience.
The Operations Supervisoris responsible performance management and professional development of the CVG Operations team. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for training and developing employees, assigning work to others and acting as a resource to the employees. Additionally, this role involves managing relationships with service providers and partners throughout the globe, being the liaison for vendors to manage shipment bookings, ensuring timely transfers from logistics providers’ warehouses and onward to final destinations, as appropriate. This role will also assist as needed to complete the work of the department in addition to daily shipment processing.
*The hours for this role are Tuesday - Saturday from 10:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.*
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
- Manage functions in the warehouse such as inbound receipts, outbound shipment, storage, stocking and inventory control
- Responsible for process improvement, standardization and documentation procedures for all operations shifts
- Responsible for the Operations and Service level of the logistics operations
- Inventory control and reconciliation of in-house customers
- Manage daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries, track progress of shipments and manager cartage set up of operations over the weekend
- Manage staff scheduling to maximize productivity and minimize expenses
- Track and respond customer’s emails regarding specific needs and basic operations
- Actively communicate and build strong partnerships with trucking companies, internal/external customers, customs brokers, sales forces and vendors. Including but not limited to: receiving shipping quotes and deciding on the best carriers based on cost, availability and reliability
- Supervise and oversee daily domestic service and operations activities as it relates to cartage, freight movement and dispatch pickup/delivery quotes
- Assist in identifying and improving service and operations related issues in the station, including on-time delivery, accurate data entry and efficient warehouse operations
- Research and resolve customer problems and complaints on domestic and cartage issues
- Team Coaching (performance, job assignments, coaching, training, etc.)
- Ensure safe working environment through consistent practice of safety programs and procedures
- Participate in the interview process for potential candidate along with onboarding process of new teammates
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem necessary.
What We Look for in Teammates:
- A team player who works well with others – being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
- A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role
- Growth mindset – being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently
- Customer service focus – we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
Other Skills We Hope to See:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 3-5 years freight forwarding experience
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience and labor scheduling
- Experience working with AS400
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and fast-paced work environment
- Employee may be required to work hours other than the set shift hours to facilitate the completion of required work or resolve critical issues. Must be available for occasional on-call duty.
What AIT Can Offer You:
- Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
- Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent – passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
- Laid-back and open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive compensation package
- Full line-up of benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Volunteer program – it’s also a Core Value – we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
Founded in 1979, Itasca, Illinois-based AIT Worldwide Logistics is a full service transportation management provider. With continental headquarters in Chicago, Amsterdam and Hong Kong, AIT’s offices form a vast network spanning the globe. By coupling a flexible business model with robust technology that presents end-to-end shipment visibility, AIT delivers precisely tailored supply chain efficiencies for almost every industry imaginable. Leveraging creative, competitively priced multimodal solutions, AIT removes the complexity from global logistics puzzles, helping companies thrive by regaining focus on the core goals of their business.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. if you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at 630-766-8300 ext 5318 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org