With nearly 90 years’ experience, Holland knows how to take care of our customers while providing a solid work environment for our employees. Discipline to its core values of Hard Work, Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Safety has allowed Holland to grow into a company with over 8,000 employees and more than $1 Billion in annual revenue, while being honored as a Quest for Quality award winner for 30 consecutive years! With a track record of long term employees, Holland offers more than a job, we offer the opportunity for a career. Come discover your direction with Holland and join the recognized leader of next-day delivery in the less-than-truckload industry!
Come discover your direction at Holland! Holland, Inc., is a recognized leader in next-day delivery, quality handling, and on-time performance in the LTL industry.
Holland is hiring Operation Supervisors and our facility in Romulus, Michigan.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of dockworkers and other support personnel.
- Provide planning, direction and control of all available resources for insuring timely, damage-free, safe loading/unloading of freight on assigned shifts.
- Provide support personnel and dockworker training and performance feedback to ensure that all work is performed according to company approved procedures and standards.
Successful candidates will possess:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of operations. Strong interpersonal skills to create conditions for cooperation and high standards of performance from subordinates.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours including weekends and in inclement weather conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Business or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous experience with a LTL motor freight carrier with knowledge of hazardous materials and applicable collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC applications.
Holland, a part of YRC Worldwide, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer