Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an Operations Supervisor (Night Shift). This position will direct and manage the workflow in their assigned department through a staff of Leads, Coordinators, Hourly and Temporary Associates. The Operations Supervisor establishes daily production goals for their assigned department and monitors all quality standards to improve performance and maintain service to our customers.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Participates in root cause analysis to identify problems and recommend changes.
- Monitors production standards and develops programs to improve productivity.
- Assists in training employees on distribution processes and equipment.
- Assists the Operations Manager in problem resolution relating to production, standard operating procedures, safety and quality.
- Evaluates hourly associates and provides feedback regarding job performance and expectations in a timely manner.
- May serve on cross-functional teams.
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the design and development of distribution processes to include quality, safety, cost reduction and operations to support process improvement.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior multi-shift distribution center experience
- Ability to lead and foster a team environment, utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as required.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.