POSITION SUMMARY: Within a division, the Operations Supervisor –Recycling Center is responsible for supervising the recycling and other post-collection activities in the recycling center. The Operations Supervisor oversees a team of dispatchers, operations clerks, drivers, sorters, helpers and other equipment operators, who are responsible for the efficient operation of the recycling center. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a culture of employee engagement.
- Works to remove unsafe conditions or situations from the recycling center and all related recycling post-collection activities.
- Partners with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and safety program.
- Engages assigned employees in active participation to instill a culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe operations and active personal outreach to operational employees.
- Provides service to all customers that meets or exceeds customer expectations with regard to the entire customer experience.
- Resolves unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interacts with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Serves as a positive representative of the Company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establishes productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Executes other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division’s budgeted goals.
- Understands, supports and executes service delivery while actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet quality and maintenance.
- Creates a collaborative, communicative team environment and drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Builds and develops talent on the team, understands employees’ career goals and provides coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Performs other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.