A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
The Operations System Analyst is responsible for the technical oversight and support of the Peloton and Generwell systems. This position is accountable for operational system efficiency, integration development, system upgrades and leading minor and major technical projects. The Operations System Analyst plays a pivotal role in troubleshooting application issues, providing field user support, query writing, report development, and managing technical application enhancement efforts.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Provide primary technical system support in the effective operation of WellView, SiteView and Generwell applications;
- Manage technical projects and serve as a central point of coordination between IT and the Business Optimization Team;
- Manage software implementation and upgrades, resolve technical system issues in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Assist in the evaluation, testing, and deployment of vendor software upgrades and piloting projects;
- Lead small and large scale technical projects, develop project plans and create technical requirements;
- Manage database refresh procedures, maintain system environment parity and manage technical system documentation;
- Collaborate with the Business Optimization Team to assist with semi-technical business process improvement efforts;
- Design, develop and test custom views and write queries in SQL and Oracle Databases;
- Document integrations requirements, facilitate integration development and perform integration testing;
- Monitor existing system integrations processes, automate failure notifications and promptly resolve integration issues;
- Coordinate with Business Optimization Team to drive and implement automated data audit processes;
- Document requirements and facilitate development of complex reporting and data visualization efforts;
- Serve as primary technical resource in custom application enhancement efforts, including requirements gathering, enhancement testing and post implementation troubleshooting and monitoring;
- Coordinate Peloton standalone system installs, manage standalone licenses and provide technical field support;
- Manage system users, monitor network application usage, evaluate license requirements and manage access issue;
- Engage with Peloton and Aucerna user community to enhance system usage, promote and implement best practices;
- Maintain a positive image while working effectively with fellow PDC employees;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Senior Manager Operations Applications;
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and environmental compliance in all job aspects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The specific minimum competencies required for job performance.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility in approach to problem solving and competency in communication, analysis and relationship building;
- 5 years’ experience in supporting end users (interfaces, custom reports, etc.);
- 5 years’ experience in designing/documenting/deploying systems and system enhancements;
- Skilled in professional written and verbal communication;
- Strong preference for prior experience with Peloton WellView and SiteView applications.
The scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to the incumbent.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The environment in which the job is performed, especially any unique conditions outside a normal office environment.
- Consistent with that of a normal office environment;
- Occasional travel to PDC’s field offices required.
The minimum level of education, experience, and certifications required to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degree required;
- Minimum 5 + years’ experience in technical system support;
- 3-5 years of Oil & Gas industry experience preferred;
- Valid driver’s license required.