Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently hiring 17 Fractionation Operations Techs in our Mont Belvieu, TX Location.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Successful candidate will become a member of a team responsible for the operation of a natural gas liquid fractionation [NGL] unit and associated facilities located at the Mont Belvieu, Texas facility.
Core position responsibilities include:
• Conduct all job related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
• Conduct periodic inspection of the facility and report any unsafe condition or, conditions posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
• Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process performance.
• Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
• Complete all deviation reports, including safety, environmental and work orders.
• Respond to any direction provided by the supervisor, and/or senior operator on the shift.
• Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair.
• Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment in assigned areas of responsibility.
• Participate in emergency response activities.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Willing to work overtime to meet business needs and critical activities including relief for employees on vacation or personal leave
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected crafts, personnel, contractors and customers
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions, and plant environment
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, FRC).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to work with equipment, hand and power tools, and lifts utilizing safe and environmentally responsible procedures
• Full exposure to extreme weather changes and humidity/moisture relative to atmospheric condition variations. Includes exposure to extreme summer and winter temperatures
• Work generally performed in an industrial environment (indoor or outdoor) with various hazards and noise exposure
• Availability for rotating DuPont schedule, unscheduled call-outs and extended workdays and/or workweeks
• Overtime, weekend and/or holiday hours may be required as directed by scheduling and business needs
• Three years plant experience preferred
• Fractionation experience
• Degree or Certificate in Process Operations
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.