The Operations Technician I is responsible for providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment. In addition to working on the telephone with clients and Client employees, the Operations Technician I performs Tier 1troubleshooting of routers, switches and other telecommunications devices. Complex issues that cannot be solved within the Tier 1 team are triaged to Tier 2 and Tier 3 Engineers. The Operations Technician I tracks all repair activities in Client systems.
Education / Experience - Minimum Qualifications:
• At least two years providing Technical Support in a Call Center environment
• Associate degree at minimum.
• Previous experience supporting Routers, Switches and other telecommunications equipment in a Call Center and Repair Center environment.
• Certifications from companies such as Cisco, Adtran and Juniper are desired.
• Understanding of the OSI networking model’s physical, data link, and network layers
• A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
• An understanding of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Experience with Cisco command line interface.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
General Work Competencies / Abilities:
• Expert level communication and customer service skills. This position works directly with clients and Client employees and partners in a repair situation.
• Proficiency with trouble ticketing applications and other Client Ordering, Inventory, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Repair systems.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment.
• Ability to answer customer calls and work issues via trouble tickets proficiently and independently.
• Ability to work all shifts in a 24 x 7 environment.
• Ability to recognize when to triage issues and Incidents to a higher tier of Technical Support.
• Ability to learn in an on-the-job training environment.
• Ability to manage repair activities in a Technical Support environment using Client systems and processes.
• Ability to collaborate with Client employees and third-party partners in a way that results in a positive repair experience for Client’s client base.