Landus Cooperative is currently seeking an Operations Technician! Do you love working hands on and being outside? Are you a hard worker and detail-oriented? Then come join our team! We are seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible for our outside agronomy and grain operations. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Assist in all aspects of the elevator operations.
- Receive, dry, and unload grain.
- Measure grain inventory on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Assist in grain train loading operations including cleaning and sealing cars.
- If applicable to location, operate a train locomotive & obtain training certificate on locomotive operations.
- Maintain grain conditions by testing temperatures and blending.
- Assist in all aspects of the fertilizer and chemical operations.
- Measure inventory and report it to the supervisor.
- Unload bulk and packaged product & pump bulk chemicals into customer tanks.
- Tender to applicators.
- Fill NH3 nurse tanks during season.
- Understand basic agronomy chemistry of all products.
- Perform equipment and facility maintenance including housekeeping records and cleanliness.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with air brake, tanker, and HazMat endorsements.
- Participate in company DOT drug and alcohol program and maintain current DOT physical.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two to five years related experience.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled