Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are looking to add ProductionOperators to join our Production team in the City of Industry. Operator1(General Clean Up, Packers, Loaders and Machine Operators) are responsible for running and maintaining production equipment which includes labelers, scales, conveyors, casers, fillers, stackers, coders and any other related production equipment in a safely and efficient manner as it relates to production SOPs.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Complete assigned work within scheduled time
- Load required material as needed for production
- Clean machines and work area at the end of shift as applicable
- Ensure that machines are working properly and safely
- Notify Supervisor about equipment and production problems
- Follow all GMPs and safety company policies and procedures
- Attend all required training programs sponsored by the company such monthly safety meeting, GMP , Chemical handling, etc.
- Excellent attendance required, dependable, trustworthy, strong work ethic, respect for others.
- Ability to demonstrate the willingness and ability to learn new task quickly
- Assist team members in their job duties when needed
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to demonstrate and practice safety work habits
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Physical, able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- Ability to stand on production line for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in wet and loud environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write and read English
- Ability to demonstrate alpha and numeric matching skills.
- Ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements
High School diploma or GED Equivalency
1 year experience in Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food service, Assembly Line, or Sanitation