At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Entry Level Starts at $15.00 with room to advance!
To ensure that product is being inspected for quality including, size, print and seal quality prior to shipment to customer. Accurate packaging and data collection for each order. Each employee should have a working understanding of their role in supporting the Food Safety Management System and the food safety hazards of the job to which they are assigned. Under the direction of the Operator and or Production Supervisor, the Operator Assistant will ensure that product is being inspected prior to shipment to customers.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for checking job ticket extrusion instructions
- Noting any size or gauge tolerances
- Noting any special packaging or labeling instructions
- Checking product to ensure it conforms to job ticket specs.
- Verifying size and seal
- Completing “Size and Seal” Chart (not S.P.C. Charts)
- Must understand importance of size and seal checks
- Verifying that gussets are set up correctly
- Check bags for defects
- Gels, blending problems
- Dirty Die Face
- Must be able to check bag with sample to ensure print is correct
- Have operator verify ink color on sample swatch & monitor ink color
- Check product for treat
- Calculate bag weight in computer
- Responsible for proper packaging of products
- Must obtain proper packaging information from job ticket
- Should know pallet and crib sizes
- Should be familiar with different box sizes
- Need to know location of packaging supplies
- Need to make up three hour supply of boxes/supplies
- Product must be packaged in a neat and professional manner
- Bags should be packaged neatly
- Responsible for entering production in computer
- Must understand importance of correct data entries
- Must weigh every other roll/box & notify operator if not correct
- Roll stock – all rolls must be weighed
- Must track all scrap and make entries in data collection
- Responsible for correct job start and stop times
Accurate Roll and Case Weight:
- Must weigh every other roll/box and notify operator if weight changes +/- 5% of target
- Roll stock - 18" and above: Every roll must be weighed
- 2-up and 4-up rolls -18" and below: Must alternate weighing the top and bottom sets during roll change
- Bins of bags: Must weigh complete layers as per QC check-sheet
- On start-ups, change-overs, or shift change: Every roll/box and layer in the bins must be weighed until the target weight is achieved.
- Must obtain proper labeling information from job ticket
- Responsible for printing labels
- Labeling must be done correctly and neatly
- Labels should be centered and lined up on the box
- Must ensure that pallet/bin labels are correctly completed
- Responsible for inserting a white label, with correct weight, into core
- Train for operator duties and responsibilities, including being able and willing to learn downstream equipment and maintenance operations
- Should be able to perform basic adjustments on bag machinery, including changing curtains during downtime, changing knife blades, adjusting length during changeovers, adjusting web tension and initial seal setup.
- Should be able to thread all downstream equipment
- Must have basic understanding of extrusion process
- Should be able to make minor adjustments to stripper to improve bag delivery
- Should be able to adjust tension on winder and understand how it affects the roll
- Must be able to keep tools and miscellaneous metal parts off floor (out of scrap)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Basic math skills required
- Good communication skills required
- Ability to pass a color blind test
- Some previous computer data entry preferred
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com
Health Technician / Technologist (Other)