Processes Customer product utilizing one or more processing modalities, (gamma, EtO, or E-Beam). Duties include safe operation of processing equipment in accordance with operating regulations and procedures; assuring proper care of Customer product. Places and retrieves sterile, test or biological sampling devices to monitor appropriate processing levels. Reviews product and process documents and instructions, i.e., Customer provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensures accurate processing. May assist in the direction, training and support of Material Handler activities.
- Protects Customer product by assuring proper processing and handling according to operating procedures; monitors process cycles and control systems to ensure operation within Customer, quality, regulatory and internal company specifications; reviews and completes all appropriate processing documentation.
- Operates processing vessels, irradiators and/or electron beam equipment.
- Minimizes downtime by monitoring processing operation and associated equipment as scheduled; conducts minor equipment repairs and refer major repairs to shift supervision or Maintenance personnel.
- Makes scheduling adjustments as required.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by monitoring environmental control systems and inspecting equipment for unsafe conditions and reporting to supervision as required; generates maintenance work orders for repairs; responds to process and equipment alarm conditions and acting within operational and safety guidelines; conducts area housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Maintains flow of product by loading/unloading product into processing rooms and/or vessels; may load product onto pallets; stages processed product in shipping storage area.
- Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
- Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must successfully pass company Operator training program.
- Must be certified to operate manual and motorized material handling equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks, elevators, conveyors, etc. and processing vessels or irradiators.
- Possess specific licenses as required by law, i.e., New Jersey Pesticide Applicator’s License and Boilers License.
- Subject to passing Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) required background check.
- Previous Material Handler experience preferred, plus completion of certification.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Above average organizing and analyzing skills and Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages) to determine organizational, Customer and regulatory problems and formulate corrective action plans; attention to detail.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of sterilization principles and need for extreme caution handling product.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.