Isola, an industry leader in global materials sciences whose mission is to improve life by enabling innovation in electronic products, is hiring an (Combi) Operator/Inspector Finishing Associate at our Chandler, AZ Location.
The Operator/Inspector Finishing Associate is responsible to converts master sheets to panels or sheets according to production work orders. The associate will be required to operate automated or semi-automated cutting equipment, and inspect product for conformance to customer and industry specifications.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB
- An efficient worker, you enjoy having multiple priorities at one time and multitask without breaking a sweat
- A great teammate, you are able to contribute and thrive within a fast-paced environment
- From the work order, verifies that the material selected to be finished matches the material requirements listed on the work order.
- Sets up, programs and operates automated and semi-automated shearing or sawing equipment according to the customer requirements as directed by the work order.
- Using automated cutting equipment, converts master sheets of laminate material into customer required laminate panels according to the work order and customer profile requirements.
- Ensures that the set up and operation of the automated cutting and support equipment is in tolerance and good condition; notifying the operations lead if there are any problems.
- Operates machine to begin processing of panels.
- Performs first article inspection of laminate panels, ensuring that material is cut to the proper dimensions for width, length and squareness.
- Operates, sets up and cleans ink jet machines, verifying that the ink stamp is legible and positioned according to the customer requirements.
- During processing, inspects finished product for surface and edge quality, identifies and removes, when necessary, any material which does not meet either IPC or customer quality standards. Takes appropriate corrective action if necessary.
- When the order is complete, prepares panel kits according to customer profile requirements and moves material to the laminate packaging area.
- Accurately transacts material in and out of the SAP inventory tracking system, reporting material discrepancies when they are found.
- Maintains complete and accurate records for material usage and product traceability within the SAP inventory tracking system for all materials used during the process.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and computer entries in a timely manner using the SAP system.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned work areas including equipment, tools and work surfaces.
- Responsible for determining what materials, supplies or other materials are necessary for the position. Ensures that these supplies are requested in a timely manner.
- Assist other operators to ensure timely shipment of product.
- Communicates and works with the next shift operator to ensure a smooth transition and shift pass down.
- Reports any anticipated issues, work stoppage, or equipment downtime or any other problems and interruptions in the work flow are reported to the operations leader.
- Records information and maintains logs as directed by supervisor, or as required by operating procedures.
- Complete Production and Scrap Report forms and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous experience using a PC
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to work effectively under pressure and to work effectively with people within the organization.
- Forklift Experience preferred
- Ability to Stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Location: 6565 W Frye Rd Chandler, AZ 85226