POSITION SUMMARY: The Operator operates machines and/or equipment at a recyclery, landfill, or transfer station.
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment, and ensures windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean.
- Operates equipment including excavator, compactor, bulldozer, forklift, front end loader and other equipment, using proper techniques.
- Monitors waste for signs of unacceptable waste.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans tracks or wheels on equipment.
- Performs and documents minor service on equipment.
- Completes Equipment Condition Report and reports any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or Maintenance Shop. Completes other required forms.
- Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced and stored at the end of each shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Valid certificate(s) of training, as required, for use of equipment.
- Equivalent of (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- 2 years experience in equipment operation.