Operator, Mine Services (Aurora, North Carolina, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports directly to the Mine Services Shift Supervisor.
What you will do:
- Maintain the Blend and Sandtailings operations by following the daily work plan to maintain maximum production during a 12-hour shift
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Nutrien, MSHA and OSHA regulations and procedures
- Inspect area for hazards
- Operate heavy equipment to perform routine activities associated with maintaining production in and around the Mine Services area
- Support personnel to ensure production goals are achieved
- Maintain contact with other operators by radio systems
- Follow SOPs to ensure proper start up and shut down of the Conveyor system
- Know and understand department SOPs and assists with writing new SOPs.
- Inspect Mine Services production equipment
- Complete various permits like Confined Space and Lock Out/Tag Out
- Schedule maintenance repairs
- Complete curriculum training and on-the-job training to obtain knowledge and skills to perform the Operator job competently
- Must be open to change and varying work environments
- Perform preventative maintenance by greasing, and maintaining proper oil levels of the mobile equipment and conveyor system
- Perform fuel supply service as needed by driving fuel truck to specified locations and replenishing fuel supply
- Operate heavy equipment under various conditions including wet ground conditions, slopes, heights, and nighttime operation
- Use a shovel or other tools
- Perform dewatering by pushing or rebuilding ramps for pump installation, ditching on grade to drain water in desired directions, installing pumps and associated piping
- Assist in adding and repositioning pipe to sandtailings pipeline, also maintains pipeline
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Satisfactory scores on Career Readiness Certification
Preferred heavy equipment background
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) testing is required for all hourly applicants of Nutrien. Applicants must complete this test and meet a minimum of 4 in Graphic Literacy, 5 on Applied Mathematics and 5 on Workplace Documents in order to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) must be uploaded with your resume during your application to be considered eligible for employment with Nutrien.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges without being asked
- Adaptability and flexibility due to the many changes conditions throughout the day
- Constant attention-to-details during the daily production process to prevent upsets and requires quick-reaction to limit any prolonged downtime to the assigned processing unit
- May be required to be clean shaven for safety reasons
- May be required to work at high elevations and in open spaces such as platforms and/or catwalks
- May be required to work 12-hour, rotating shifts
- Must be able to wear required, company-provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)--i.e., uniforms, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, emergency breathing apparatus
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran