Liberty Utilities, a subsidiary of Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp, is a $10+ billion North American diversified generation, transmission and distribution utility. The distribution business group provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 782,000 customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada. Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
Performs a variety of semi-skilled to skilled work to maintain water wells, chemical feeder equipment, pumps, motors, telemetry sensory equipment, treated water storage facilities, water distribution pipelines and related appurtenances, sanitary sewers for the collection of wastewater, pumping equipment for water and wastewater, and water and wastewater treatment plant equipment and operations. Performs moderate to difficult technical and mechanical work in the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment and conveyance facilities. May provide direction to peers and subordinates in performance of routine day-to-day work activities, but does not have supervisory responsibility. Conducts and administers all company work related efforts and activities within the rules, regulations and responsibilities of the most current company safety policy and OSHA regulation. The Operator will respond operational emergencies as deemed necessary by his/her Supervisor. The Operator will also assist customers with concerns of water quality, delivery, odors, vector control and treatment. This position also provides technical and/or physical assistance to other operations personnel, contractors and developers and any other duties assigned. Additionally, the operator may be subject to on-call work and subject to shift work that may include nights and weekends. Perform all other duties as assigned.
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Demonstrates a continuous effort to improve operations by streamlining work processes, decreasing turnaround times, and working cooperatively and jointly to provide efficiency and cost effective in the use of Utility resources.
- Delivers outstanding customer service. Establishes and maintains open communication with all internal and external customers; to include co-workers, contractors, residents, and other Utility departments. Informs immediate supervisor of daily operations, important developments, and work activities.
- Adheres to industry and Utility safety standards, policies, practices, and procedures. Provides services in accordance with all applicable regulatory requirements. Prepares and submits required records and reports.
- Executes routine and emergency operational, maintenance, construction, and repair functions of infrastructure or equipment utilized in the wastewater reclamation division. Clarifies routine day-to-day priorities in the field.
- Communicate with and schedule outside contractors.
- Conducts daily inspections of wastewater treatment facilities, aquifer recharge facilities and related equipment; takes and records various equipment and process readings; checks equipment and makes appropriate adjustments to regulate system flow and process stability; and maintains records and reports.
- Conducts daily inspections of reclamation facilities; process sampling, logs daily records; interprets readings from meters, gauges, charts, and instruments, and adjusts accordingly; and detects mechanical or process deficiencies and communicates findings to the supervisor.
- This position does not have any direct reports however will serve as backup to the supervisor in his/her absence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Work requires specialized knowledge of wells, pumps, motors, chlorine generators. Knowledge of plumbing principles and ability to complete repairs to system, or make decisions regarding their repairs. Work requires high degree of knowledge of plumbing materials and methods as related to utility improvements. Appropriate certification is required.
- Arizona locations requires a ADEQ Operator License in Wastewater Treatment. May require a CDL (Commercial Driver’s License), with appropriate classification/endorsements.
- Maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comprehend lab data and make appropriate process control changes for optimal plant performance.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Work requires the ability to read maps, manuals, work orders, and blueprints.
- Work requires the ability to perform general math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as knowledge of common water calculations and their applications.
- Work requires the ability to write work orders, memos, letters, reports and keep accurate daily records at well sites, lift stations and treatment facilities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, generally Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Work requires the occasional direction of co-workers and other employees only in the absence of Senior Operator or Supervisor. This position does not have the authority to hire and dismiss staff without the express direction of the Operations Manager.
- Ability to complete repairs and tasks in a timely fashion
- Work is widely varied, involving analyzing and evaluating many complex and significant variables. Company-wide policies, procedures, or precedents may be developed and/or recommended.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving general instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results. There is some opportunity for discretion when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Work involving discretion is typically reviewed before finalized.
- Broad Application - Work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work closely with fellow workers. Ability to follow instructions in performance of regular maintenance to all portions of system.
Click for more information on what it's like to work here! Power Your Career Or visit us at www.poweryourcareer.ca
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse workforce as it values the knowledge, diversity and performance of our employees to make us a great company.â€‹ Our Company strives to provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the HR Representative.
Follow us on twitter @AQN_Careers
Like us on Facebook PowerYourCareer
Join us on LinkedIn Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
Follow us on YouTube PowerYourCareer