Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading makers of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, building products and related chemicals. Our products are part of everyday life. While they fill a diverse range of home commercial and industrial needs, they have one thing in common: they're all made to high standards of quality and safety. Sustainability comes naturally to people at Georgia-Pacific. Not only do our products help improve people’s lives, but we also operate in ways that enhance the quality of life in our communities, help ensure the economic stability of our company and help protect our environmental resources.Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
The Georgia-Pacific plant in Bradford, PA is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operators-in-Training. Candidates selected for this role will have the unique opportunity to train with our experienced machine operators and learn our process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. After training, the sky is the limit! Successful trainees have the opportunity to move into Machine Operator roles on our many different pieces of equipment! This position may be right for you if you are:
- A Team Player– Our equipment is complex and highly-technical – You can’t do it alone! Our employees collaborate every day to produce quality product, overcome challenges, and implement improvements.
- Safety-Obsessed– GP employees are expected toplace protection of health and safety and the environment first, no matter how urgent the job.
- Ready to Grow– Our Operators in Training are the future leaders of our plant. The right candidate will have a desire to learn and advance in our organization.
What do you need?
The Operator-in-Training role is an Entry-Level role. Previous experience is not required, but successful candidates must be:
- Willing and able to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to work in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance Options
- Educational Resources
- Discounts on Products and Services
- Opportunity for Advancement
Diversity at Georgia-Pacific
Georgia-Pacific comes together as one company: a wide-ranging and evolving community of people working together. Diversity in experience, thought and culture makes GP a better place.
Follow a day in the life of GP employees and see how no matter the job role, background, age, culture or race, we are one GP.We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf