Job Title: Pulp Operator
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 5:00PM-5:30AM Rotating Schedule
Summary: Converts raw materials into finished goods as directed by the Production Manager or designate by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the company safety and quality policies at all times.
- Follows established ISO work instructions as applicable.
- Completes assigned tasks using specified machinery and equipment in allotted time.
- Completes and monitors completion of all other pulp related documentation.
- Oversees materials to minimize scrap and waste.
- Processes scrap material for recycling.
- Maintains work area and equipment according to established 5S standards at all times. Keeps raw materials available, organized and neat.
- Controls & monitors all functions of mechanical operations. Operates machinery and equipment according to manufacturer�s guidelines.
- Meets KPI goals as defined by Management.
- Provides general machine maintenance when required.
- Completes tool change overs when required.
- Oversees and ensures quality by weighing, checking & monitoring product before it cures and after.
- Ensures all employees are following safety and quality standards. Reports safety and quality issues along with any maintenance needs to Production Manager or designate.
- Participate in established cross training initiatives in other areas to support business goals and objectives.
- Operators will be trained on a supervised / semi-supervised basis until deemed fully capable by the Production Manager / Plant Manager. Once deemed fully capable, Operators will be expected to run production in accordance with line rates and production expectation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Time management skills
Interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to multitask and effectively meet deadlines & targets
Analytical aptitude and mathematical competence.
Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Dedicated to task completion
Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.