Boston University Eye Associates is looking for a self motivated, multitasking ophthalmic technician for our busy multi-specialty ophthalmology practice. The ideal technician must be able to perform appropriate clinical testing such as Visual Acuity Testing, Visual Field Testing, Refraction, Pupil Assessment, Tonometry, Gross External Examination and eye drop instillation.
Working knowledge of eye anatomy, disease, symptoms, and ocular medications is a plus. Compensation based on experience and certifications.
Boston University Eye Associates is an ophthalmology group practice which consists of 3 optometrists and 13 ophthalmologists. We are a multi-specialty practice providing services from comprehensive eye exams, to complex eye disease treatment and surgery. We service the south shore area with 3 clinical locations- Taunton, Brockton, Middleboro and an Ambulatory Surgery Center in Raynham.
- Ophthalmology Terminology
- Team Player
- Organized / Detailed
- Must pass CORI
- Able to travel to Taunton, Brockton and Middleboro
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain ophthalmic history from patient including the presenting complaint, past ocular history, illnesses, medications, allergies and reactions to drugs, etc.
- Prepare examination and treatment rooms
- Perform testing and evaluation to prepare the patient for doctors exam including visual acuity, color vision testing, tonometry, lensometry, Amsler grid and pupil evaluation
- Administer eye medications
Job Type: Full-time
Experience:ophthalmology: 2 years