Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
Performs preliminary examinations and evaluations of patients with ocular complaints, disease, or disorders by initiating and executing technical tests utilized exclusively in ophthalmology. Provides information to and consults with ophthalmologists.
Essential Job Duties
- Rooms patients and takes patient histories, HPI >=4 components.
- Performs eye tests under Ophthalmology Quality Standards of Care including vision screenings, manual refractions, and various diagnostic tests, etc.
- Facilitates the workflow of patients when assigned various clinical/technician role(s). Anticipates the flow of patient traffic and helps the other technicians do various patient diagnostic testing.
- Facilitates prior authorization.
- Performs highly accurate manual refractions within a timely manner.
- Maintains proficiency in glaucoma testing, visual fields, fundus photos, refracting and topography.
- Ensures accuracy and details while keeping ahead of the patient flow and being flexible.
- Functions as the patient advocate by teaching, directing patients, and clarifying ophthalmologist instructions per department protocol.
- Practices and is aware of all safety precautions as outlined by OSHA and the CDC.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for department function including inventory control.
- Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN
- Department:SL Clinic - Ophthalmology
- One year of experience as an ophthalmic technician, ophthalmic assistant, or optometric technician.
- Experience in cataract surgery counseling for patients considering cataract surgery.
- EMR experience. Possess a level of computer literacy that ensures accuracy and timeliness when working with patients.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works well with coworkers and patients.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- Certification as a COA
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Location: US-UT-Salt Lake City
Activation Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020