Are you a natural leader looking to start a career in management where you’ll be responsible for driving a great team to success? Join Avis Budget Group as an Operations Manager Trainee to coach and motivate your team to increase financial profitability, operational efficiency and customer satisfaction. As you spend your first 90 days rotating through various critical functions including Production, Customer Service and Counter Sales to learn our varied business, you’ll quickly see the many opportunities you’ll have to grow and advance with our Fortune 500 company.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise one or more of the daily operations and sales functions to ensure maximization of fleet utilization, incremental revenue, customer satisfaction and employee management
- Perform duties and provides service in accordance to established operation procedures and company policies. Supervise the counter, service and/or bus area as assigned
- Direct and control the servicing of customers at the rental counters
- Plan, direct and control the preparation of returned vehicles for the next rental
- Be responsible for the development of new employees and the on-going performance assessment of current employees
- Recommend appropriate corrective action where necessary
- Build and maintain business relationships to facilitate organizational profitability
- Inspect vehicles on the ready line to ensure compliance with established quality standards
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree plus at least 1 year supervisory experience; OR Associate's Degree plus at least 2 years supervisory experience; OR High School diploma/GED plus at least 4 years supervisory experience
- Experience in associate level roles-Service Agent, Sales Agent, Customer Service Representative, etc.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to work outdoor in weather conditions with moderate noise level
Extra points for this:
- 1 year of experience providing high quality customer service
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to a company car
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Legal, Identity Theft, Accident Insurance, FSA, additional life insurance coverages
- Up to $5,500/year tuition reimbursement
- Contribute up to $260 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (eligible after 90 days of service)
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who we are:
Here at Avis Budget Group we're more than just rentals--although over 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries has taught us a thing or two about that. Shaping the future of the mobility industry with our innovative, customer-focused solutions, our globally recognized brands including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck and Zipcar connect people to more. This means more convenience, more options, and more time on the road for our customers. We also connect our employees to more: opportunities, benefits, support, collaboration and most importantly--power to change the future. Sound your speed? Come join our family.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.