Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security. We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced OPTICAL ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility.
We are looking for an OPTICAL ENGINEER who can:
- Develop alignment plans for complex telescope systems based on system optical prescription and requirements
- Perform sensitivity analysis to quantify WFE as a function of component mis-alignments
- Generate alignment error budgets based on systems engineering requirements and misalignment sensitivities
- Define alignment/test tooling including range/resolution requirements for component adjustment mechanisms for complex telescope systems and 100th wave optical element metrology
- Define data acquisition and processing requirements for system alignment and component metrology tasks
- Perform data analysis/processing using industry standard software (Zemax, 4Sight, CodeV, Matlab etc.)
- Lead an interdisciplinary team of optical, mechanical, electrical in the implantation and execution of the system alignment and performance verification of high quality telescopes
Education / Certifications
B.S in Optical Engineering, Physics, Astronomy or related with 7 years of experience or M.S./PhD with 5 years of experience
At least 5 years’ experience in the development, build, and completion of high quality imaging systems, e.g. telescope for airborne or space based applications.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms