The Optical Engineering Group provides optical support for many programs across our customers base. This includes optical concept development, optical design and analysis, optical fabrication and procurement, and optical assembly, alignment and test.
This requisition is for an experienced optical engineer or equivalent who will assist and support staff members in designing, developing, building and testing a variety of optical systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The selected candidate will be involved in the development of ground-based, air-borne and space-borne optical systems. The work will include design, integration, and testing applied to the development of complex optical hardware from conceptual design through fabrication and performance evaluation.
The candidate will be working on a broad range of optical problems from system conceptual design, ray tracing and tolerancing, specification and oversight of optical component fabrication, and optical system alignment and testing. This position involves working in close-knit, multi-disciplinary teams with design, analysis and test personnel. The position may require special security clearances and travel to meetings and field sites.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Optical Engineer candidate or equivalent with extensive course work in physics, geometrical and physical optics, lasers, optical design, radiation and detectors, etc.
• The candidates should have basic opto-mechanical knowledge to aid in optical system development.
• Experience in optical design, performance evaluation, optical component fabrication and test, and optical system alignment and test.
• The candidates should also have experience with a broad range of optical systems: visible, IR, reflective, refractive, ground, aircraft systems, and high energy laser systems.
• Optical design experience with proficiency in Zemax or Code V.
• Active Secret Clearance
• Preference will be given to candidates from the University of Arizona’s Optics College or the University of Rochester’s Institute of Optics with a background in lasers, optical material, optical sensors and space systems.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- On Site Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts