Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Optical Test Engineer, you will develop optical test systems for measurement/inspection and calibration of imaging systems. You will characterize optical challenges for early prototype modules and derive testing and calibration methods. You will put these methods into practice through work with internal and external fixture designers, to source and build efficient optical and mechatronic test solutions.You are skilled both at identifying methods to meet challenging calibration and test requirements, and designing camera and lens system integrations to achieve these requirements. You are able to build out an optical bench to verify that design parameters are achieved. You are also comfortable working with other teams to validate test system matches original design intent. You possess knowledge of optical, electrical, mechanical, and software fields to deliver complex optical calibration devices.
1. Work closely with optical component teams to define target specifications for required optical testing/calibration systems
2. Develop novel optical calibration and test fixtures to resolve difficult challenges
3. Design, instrument and analyze prototype equipment and modules
4. Source and qualify appropriate optical components and instruments
5. Work with outside vendors and CMs on test equipment fabrication
6. Track effectiveness of test systems through ongoing evaluation of data
7. Ability to travel 15% to Asia
8. Master’s degree in optical engineering or related fields
9. Physical optics experience
10. 5+ years experience working in the machine vision/mechatronics field
11. Experience working with manufacturing/inspection equipment
12. Experience designing with Zemax
13. Coding experience in Python
14. Electrical engineering experience including LVDS, MIPI
15. Experience working with mechanical assemblies in CAD
16. Ph.D. degree in optical engineering or related fields
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.