Optical Networks Engineer IILocation: Fremont, CA
Contract Length: 1 Year
Tailored Management is seeking an Optical Networks Engineer II to work onsite at our client's Fremont, CA campus on a contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join the world's largest social media network who enables over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and explore the world!
- Provide technical guidance for all fiber related issues and escalations.
- Project manage a team that performs fiber characterization testing.
- Develop fiber standards and acceptance criteria for dark fiber.
- Work with fiber providers to improve fiber loss, reflectance, and other issues.
- Build quality control around fiber delivery ensuring minimal issues for deployment teams.
- Lead documentation efforts around dark fiber.
- Provide signal to deployment teams about current fiber inventory and estimated fiber delivery dates.
- Audit current dark fiber inventory and document findings.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Experience with fiber delivery - OSP/ISP.
- Ability to understand physical site requirements for optical transport installation, power, space, and fiber.
- Basic knowledge of DWDM technologies.
- Ability to run and analyze OTDR traces.
- Experience ordering dark fiber cross connects from 3rd party colocations.
- Experience troubleshooting fiber issues.
- Ability to manage workload of a small team of engineers.
- OSP/ISP quality control experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.