General Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this role is to provide quality customer service while satisfying the needs of For Eyes customers through the sale and dispensing of eyeglasses, non-prescription sunglasses, contact lenses, and accessories. To uphold Company's standards of excellence in customer service; encourage customer recommendations and repeat business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist customers by giving prompt, courteous and professional service; assist customers in frame and lens selection, accurately complete required paperwork, accurately measure and order customer spectacles and contact lenses.
* Dispense optical Eyewear and contact lenses in accordance with professional standards and in compliance with Federal, state and local regulations.
* Perform repairs, adjustments and deliveries of eyewear as needed.
* Verify accuracy of completed eyewear and contact lenses.
* Handle customer questions and concerns in a professional and courteous manner.
* Protect all Company assets, including inventory, cash, credit card drafts, bank deposits and equipment. Follow proper procedures when accepting checks and credit cards.
* Deliver individual store sales goals, customer service goals and established key indicator goals and objectives
* Comply with policy, procedures, and federal, state and local regulatory requirements like but not limited to privacy, discrimination, safety and labor. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
* Share store maintenance and cleaning duties with co-workers by maintaining well organized work areas; accurate store records and files, greeting customers, answering phones, inputting data, dusting merchandise displays, vacuuming.
* Sponsor and mentor potential Apprentice Opticians based on business needs.
* Assist co-workers as needed, including rendering assistance to optometric practice, as appropriate.
* May serve as acting supervisor in supervisor's absence as directed by management
* May drive to make bank deposits in supervisor's absence.
* Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge.
* All other tasks and duties as may be requested by management.
* Project a positive attitude toward all company objectives and directives; demonstrate teamwork at all times, including attendance at staff meetings and other training or company functions as required. Continually promote, support and reinforce the For Eyes philosophy of the 3 C's: "Take care of the Customer, the Company and Co- workers."
* Demonstrate dedication to honest and ethical business practices at all times.
* Uphold company standards to professional behavior in all business dealings.
* Successfully complete For Eyes training requirements in a timely manner.
* Foster Teamwork -- maintain a positive working relationship with your co-workers, supervisors, OD and OD staff that supports and contributes to exam growth, high capture rate, and delivering sales goal.
* Drive and Deliver Results -- Deliver and achieve individual stores' sales goal and established key indicator goals. Performance is measured on Sales Results and Growing the Business.
* Comply with company policy, procedures and regulatory requirements like but not limited to HIPAA, PCI-DSS, ADA. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
* Able to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Core Competencies Required:
* Customer Focus: provide superior services and deliverables by understanding the customer (internally and externally) and the community environment to promote loyalty.
* Execution Excellence and Reliability: effectively execute steps to produce a desired change to improve and grow the business.
* Flexibility/Open Mind: adapt well to changing conditions, new ways of thinking and perceptions in a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups to work effectively.
* Whole Leadership: lead myself and others to make a difference and deliver results in a responsible, authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate manner.
* Team Effectiveness: adapt well to changing conditions, new ways of thinking and perceptions in a variety of situations and with various individuals and groups to work effectively.
Position Specific Competencies:
* Drive Results
* Ethical Conduct
* Customer/Client Focus
* Communication Proficiency
* Apply Product Knowledge
* Good Selling Skills
* Customer relations focused
* Handles customer complaints
* Verify product is appropriate for customer use
* Offer alternative/additional sales options
* Listening skills and identifying potential selling opportunities
* Assist customer in making purchase decisions
* Handle transactions
* Fostering Teamwork
* Interpersonal Awareness
* Stress management
* Open to change
* Ability to interpret and dispense a prescription using appropriate lenses and frames
* Ability to fit adjust and repair optical appliances
* Ability to relate general anatomical features, fit, adjust, and repair
Education and/or Experience Required:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Should have a minimum of one year retail sales and/or customer service work experience.
* Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
* Occasional travel and work in different store locations.
* Valid Driver's License and good driving record for locations where staff drive to bank to make deposits.
Language Skills Needed:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (high level of English is a necessity)
Mathematical Skills Required:
* Knowledge of basic mathematics and algebra with ability to accurately calculate and understand optical math and insurance payments.
Maintains a professional image.
Must be able to work independently.
Tech savvy and good with Microsoft excel.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
* Maintain a valid ABO, NCLE Certification and State license/registration in good standing. Applicable in licensed states per state requirement (depending on the state).
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to remember and recall details like promotions, insurance requirements, and customer encounters.
* High level of energy and ambition to realize a positive impact
Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles normally used in the course of the duties of the position:
May use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands on the Role:
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
* Includes lifting up to 25 lbs.
* The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers and patients. Must be able to exchange accurate and understood information in these situations.
* Ability to move about the store to access sales floor, adjustment area, office machinery, etc.
* Repetitive hand and eye coordination and strength to make fine motor eyewear adjustments.
* Adequate visual acuity to read lensometer, take eye measurements, and product SKUs.
* Considerable data entry into a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to enter accurate information.
* Constantly positions self to access customers, product, and computers, including frame racks and products under counters and inside cabinetry.
* Occasionally ascend/descends a ladder for store maintenance, i.e. cleaning, change light bulbs etc.
Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
Maintain and continually develop professional dispensing skills and knowledge
Retail store environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
This job operates in a retail environment with merchandise displays and items available for purchase in inventory
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled