We are looking for a licensed optician to join our growing team! Licensed in California, and has a minimum of one year experience as an optician in a successful practice. Our team works very closely together, so ability to work well with others, eagerness to learn and a focus on patient care are also key. Knowledge of current eye wear trends and a great attitude is always a plus!
As an optician in our state-of-the art practice, you will be:
- Maintaining inventory control and proper documentation of optical records.
- Ensuring a prescription capture rate in the practice of 75% or greater.
- Proficient at using computers.
- Greeting all patients as they enter our practice and provide promotional information as relevant.
- Assisting patients with choice of frames and helping them choose eyewear to best fit their budgetary requirements.
- Determining the power ranges and specific lens measurements by frame.
- Examining written prescriptions to determine the specifications of lenses.
- Verifying that the lenses have been ground to specifications.
- Measuring, fitting, and adapting lenses and frames for patients according to written optical prescription or specification.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems related to prescription.
- Answering phones according to ESNV guidelines.
- Making minor repairs to eyewear.
- Experienced in conflict resolution- You can resolve customer complaints, diffuse unsatisfied patients, and provide solution(s).
- Skilled at problem solving.
- Excellent at communication skills, proper grammar and written communication.
- Performing basic housekeeping duties; clean and organize, etc.
- Focused on detail
- Using your knowledge of post-operative Medicare, Medicare Replacement and Medicaid plans.
- Team oriented.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to multi-task work under pressure.
- Adept at multi-tasking and handling multiple projects.
In return, we offer the below to our valued team members at ESNV:
- Excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Generous employee discounts
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonuses
- Employer-paid continuing courses, conferences, etc.