The Eye Clinic of Racine, located in Racine, WI serves people of all ages providing comprehensive services and expertise in all areas of eye health and disease, ranging from vision exams, glasses and contact lenses to cataract surgeries and laser vision correction procedures. In order to accommodate our growing patient volume we are in search of an experienced Optician.
We are looking for a full time person who likes to be busy. We offer a competitive wage with a great working environment.
* Provides eyeglasses and contact lenses by filling written optical prescriptions; determining client's current prescription, using a lensometer.
* Evaluates patient's vocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements.
* Suits customers needs by recommending specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames.
* Measures customer by measuring bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical center of eyes using millimeter rule and light reflex pupillometer.
* Helps clients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
* Provides instructions for grinding lenses by completing work order.
* Maintains quality by verifying finished lenses are ground to specifications.
* Ensures that eyeglasses fit customer by adjusting frames.
* Educates customers by offering instructions in eyeglass care and use.
* Posts charges and payments. Obtains insurance authorizations
* Performs specialized patient diagnostic testing, such as visual fields.
Quality Focus, Use of Medical Technologies, Thoroughness, Selling to Customer Needs, Customer Service, Attention to Detail, Listening, Job Knowledge, Presenting Technical Information, Integrity, Analyzing Information
Please send resume with salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!