This is your opportunity to join one of the areas most recognized leaders in ophthalmology and optometry. EyeCare Services Partners is a nationally recognized leader in EMR and technology with an excellent clinical support team and dynamic leadership. We are committed to customer service, and making every interaction extraordinary while inspiring the complete confidence of our patients. Our employees contribute directly to the growth and success of our practices, and take pride in being a member of our team. We strongly believe that the manner in which our patients and customers are treated by our employees is as important as the services provided by the doctor.
Since 1980 Milauskas Eye Institute has been the most progressive and caring eye care center in the desert. Our goal is and always will be to do our best to improve and preserve a patient's sight.
The Optician will dispense and fit spectacles, contact lenses and other optical aides, working from printed or computerized prescriptions with assistance. They will advise patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including advice on style, weight, and color. Instructs patients on how to wear and care for their spectacles and contacts.
If you don’t have all the skills listed below, don’t be discouraged. No resume paints a complete picture of a person. There is a good chance that you are more wonderful than you think. So please apply.
- Consult with patients to select appropriate products based on the needs of the individual. Actively listen and question the patient/customer regarding life style to aid in proper lens and frame selection.
- Address any patient concerns with patience and a caring attitude. Point out the benefits of comfort, vision correction, savings and value to the patient. Close the sale and thank the patient by name for their purchase.
- Read and interpret eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions as written by the eye care providers, and follow all instructions accordingly.
- Take time to assist in taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning. This will ensure a comfortable fit and good vision correction.
- Utilize small handheld instruments as well as larger instruments and machines, including: pupilometer and lensometer.
- Attend monthly sales meetings and read all of the product and skill memos provided by your team. These will provide you with important updates and selling tips.
- Troubleshoot patient complaints; adjust or repair spectacles as needed.
- Communicate with patients regarding their insurance benefits and pricing.
- Ensure complete patient confidentiality as established by the practice policies and HIPAA.
- Coordinate with the clinical associates/doctors to ensure a clean handoff from clinic to dispensary.
- Work in cooperation with other dispensary associates to meet and exceed daily and monthly sales goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- It is highly preferred that all Opticians obtain ABO certification within 18 months of employment.
- Customer centric focus.
- Strongly prefer demonstrated sales experience.
- Strongly prefer some ophthalmic experience but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team player.
- Excellent math skills that allow for precise work (basic algebraic equations and monetary calculations).
- Strong organization and problem solving skills, proficient with Microsoft applications.
- Ability to make decisions using industry standards that can be checked with precise measurements of accuracy.
In turn we will offer:
- Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401k and short and long term disability.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Paid parking where applicable.
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected.
- Clear career ladder opportunities.