Eye Care & Vision Associates (ECVA) has an immediate opportunity for a full time Optician/Contact Lens Practitioner to work primarily between the Niagara Falls and Williamsville offices. This is a great opportunity to work with our experienced, board-certified ophthalmologists, surgeons and optometrist to deliver the highest quality eye care resulting in the best quality outcomes. Our focus is on care.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Current licensure by the State Board of Opticians is required.
- Ability to accurately evaluate and/or fit contact lenses is highly desirable.
- Responsible for conducting optical sales and dispensing of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Assist patients with optical purchases, including frame selection, lens choices, adjustments and repairs.
- Checking jobs, including bench alignment.
- Train the patient in the care, insertion, and removal of lenses.
- Ordering - Lens, frames, contact lens.
- Notify patients when eyeglasses and contact lenses are ready.
- Must be able to work closely with patients, including some physical contact to assist them in optical purchases, adjustments and repairs, and to evaluate and/or fit contact lenses.
- Experience with electronic medical records helpful. Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of current insurance plans and benefits.
- Provide technical expertise that instills patient confidence.
- Position requires excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Focus is on patient care and education; not hard selling.
- Work schedule is Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday (10am – 2pm). Requires occasional travel to satellite offices.
We offer a pleasant work environment and a great compensation package that includes:
- Quarterly Bonus opportunity
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of employment
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- Voluntary Benefits
- Many other benefits