Sarrell Dental & Eye Centers is seeking an Optometrist to join our practice in Dothan, Alabama. Located on the Alabama - Florida border, Dothan is a short drive from the popular beaches of Florida's Gulf Coast (Panama City Beach, 30A Beaches, and Destin).
Full time providers are eligible for a $10K Sign-On Bonus!
Interested in earning supplemental income on a flexible schedule? We offer optometrists the opportunity to earn high daily rates on a part-time schedule.
Sarrell Dental & Eye is part of DentaQuest’s care group, dedicated to expanding access to care in underserved communities throughout the United States. Founded in Anniston, Alabama in 2004, the organization now treats the dental and optical needs of the state’s Medicaid population in 12 locations. With the growing need for care and convenience of multiple specialties in one location, Sarrell began offering optometry services in 2006. Since then, Sarrell Eye Centers have grown to provide vision care to 8 communities in Alabama: Alexander City, Anniston, Athens, Boaz, Clanton, Dothan, Mongtomery and Tuscaloosa.
Join our committed team of providers as we continue to make a positive impact on the children of Alabama.
- Conducting routine eye examinations, including visual field tests
- Diagnose and provide appropriate vision treatment plan to patient including discussion and explanation of treatment plan with patient and/or guardian
- Educate patients and guardians on the importance of maintaining proper vision health
- Communicate with the optical technician and/or patient coordinator regarding patient treatment plans
- Prescribe Medications as necessary and appropriate
- Execution of proper follow up and continued care of patients involved in multi–step treatment plans, particularly for those patients referred for specialty care
- Assists in outside specialist referrals
- Responsible for taking preliminary case history including current medical and ocular conditions and drug allergies.
- Performs pre-testing with assessment of visual acuities, pupils, eye muscle alignment, visual fields, color vision, depth perception, tonometry, and pupillary distance
- Instills eye drops for purpose of dilation
- Makes adjustment to frame and lens position to fit patient's facial structure by heating, shaping or bending frames
- Repairs damaged frames
- Use lensometers to determine and /or verify lens prescriptions
Visit our website to learn more about careers at Sarrell Dental & Eye Centers.
Employment Type: Full Time