ParkCreekSurgery Center is a busy, multispecialtyambulatory surgery centerlocated in Coconut Creek, FloridaWe are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International. USPI provides first-class surgical services for local communities, and we recognize our employees as our number one asset. USPI’s mission is tocare foreach patient andtheir family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
We are currently searching forfull timeOR Registered Nurse to join our team. The OR Nurseis responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from 12 months through adolescence. Current American Heart BLS/ACLS/PALS certification andexperience working as an operating room circulator required.This is a per diem position - actual days and hours will vary. Ideal candidate will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Position requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call.
The successful cndiadte:
- Determines data collection based on the patient''s condition or needs as related to the proposed interventions
- Addresses the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural and spirital needs/responses of the patient.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and fexibility as job priorities change.
- Demonstrates a positive can do attitude
- Work is accurate and complete
- Demonstrates knowledge and follows AORN standards
- Functions as a team member
- Completes intital and annual competencies as required.
- Maiintains licenses and certifications.
- Adheres to dress code, attemdamce punctuality, meal break and rest periods
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and concisley
- Attends required department and hospital meetings.
- Assumes responsibilit for continuing education requrements
- CurrentFlorida Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in an ASC/Hospital setting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Knowledgeable of policies and procedures specific to the operating room.
- Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.