The Judge Group is currently seeking a Oracle APEX Developer
- Develop new applications, support and enhance existing applications using Oracle Application Express, PL/SQL and other development tools
- Responsible for design, developing, testing, and documenting using Oracle Application Express Software to meet user's needs
- Perform system analysis and system development tasks. Analyze functional business requirements and develop solution, create technical specifications & unit test scripts
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts, fellow IT Resources, and End users to understand business requirements, minimal viable product requirements, and deliver required features/functions
- Understand existing design/process of applications and data integrations, troubleshoot issues based on requirements. Continuously identify opportunities for application improvements, performance turning and resolving root cause issues
- Adhere to data architecture guidance and IT best practices such as the SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Must have strong problem solving analytical skills, agile development a plus, excellent troubleshooting, programming and testing skills.
- In addition have excellent verbal and written skills specifically in documentation to transform them into detailed system technical design documents with an approach within a technical design documentation.
- 5+ years experience with Oracle APEX development, Oracle PL/SQL, web application development
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex issues.
- Experience designing, adapting and implementing technical solutions that are aligned with business strategy in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently while engaging the customer in a customer focused environment and providing information to the team.
- Demonstrated ability in writing technical requirement documentation
- Troubleshooting skills, problem resolution, project management and technology evaluation to meet business requirements.
- Experience working in a higher ed setting and/or familiarity with Oracle Financials, Peoplesoft HR, Student Information Systems, a plus
- Maintain and enforce SQL and PL/SQL development coding standards and best practices.