Job Title: Oracle Business Analyst III Pay Grade: Grade Score: Department: Tech & Innovation Safety Sensitive: No Reports To: ERP Manager FLSA Status: Exempt Summary of Job: The Oracle Business Analyst III (HRIS) will be a liaison between JTA Business Process Subject Matter Experts (SME's) Technology Team and Support Team to assimilate and articulate business ideas, suggestions and issues. This position serves as a technical point of contact for the HRIS and assists SME's) with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. This position is responsible for functioning as a SME for all existing and future activities related to Oracle Human Resources Management System (HRMS) areas. The role also supports troubleshooting system issues, HRIS system upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned. To be successful in this role, this individual must be comfortable operating independently with some supervision, excellent at multi-tasking and flexible to changing priorities daily.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintains a Stakeholder Management Plan for each active Oracle Module assigned as well as develop new Stakeholder Management Plans for new solutions • Performs job impact analyses when new functionality is introduced which feeds into training and communications • Consistently strives to promote and integrate Oracle "Best Practices” with business owners at all levels • Participates with Business and IT to identify and prioritize Oracle/Business Requirements and the supporting business case. (Requirements Definition) Capture all functional requirements and define to-be flows. • Oracle EBS Module(s) including Human Capital Management (HR), Oracle SelfService Human Resources (SSHR), Oracle Performance Management, Oracle iRecruitment, Oracle Learning Management, Oracle Advanced Benefits (OAB), and Oracle HRMS Intelligence (HRMSi) knowledge as a hands-on SME. • Develops user documentation utilizing Oracle AIM documentation templates; keeps it current; including system and user reference and operational manuals and checklists, case studies, and training materials. • Conducts training classes for assigned modules. • Sends out communications to stakeholders when certain functionality changes/or training is required. • Knowledgeable in at least 1-2 methodologies, such as SDLC, RUP, Agile, AIM. • Analyzes Help Desk tickets for trends and actions. • Holds meetings with ticket owners to set priorities and expectations. • Maintains HRMS set-ups for functional areas such as Jobs, Positions, Grades, Compensation, Benefits, Benefits Enrollments, Performance Management, etc. • Manage medium to large scale, moderately complex to complex analysis projects, under minimal supervision.
• Creates, monitors and follows through on Oracle Service Requests, as needed. • Support year-end processing and regularly monitor and test HRMS related oracle patch releases. • Key point-of-contact to support HRIS maintenance includes timely research and resolution to HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements; opening and managing service requests directly with Oracle or escalating and managing tickets with our third-party service HRIS provider. • Ensure data integrity between HRIS and third-party systems including Payroll. Accountable for determining the root cause of issues and next steps to correct to ensure the issue doesn't happen in the future.
Supervisory & Operational Authority:
• No direct reports.
Compliance: • Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes. • Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
Position Profile: Required/ Preferred Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field with at least 8+ of hands-on experience in an analysis and development position which includes client needs analysis, installation, migration, integration and deployment systems.
or combination of post high school education and minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience as a HRMS Business Analyst, HRMS Manager, Business Consultant, or Business Systems experience in an analysis and development position which includes client needs analysis, installation, migration, integration and deployment systems.
or combination of post high school education, Oracle certification R12, and minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience as a HRMS Business Analyst.
Required 2+ years of techno-functional experience with Oracle's HCM
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements to produce a Business Requirements Document. • Determine requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis. Ability to conduct a facilitated session to derive all of the above. • Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers, drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. • Primary point of contact in support of the Oracle Human Resources module and all associated tasks. • Ensures HR issues are identified and handled expeditiously while coordinating with payroll team. • Be the SME for HR functionality and future enhancements. • Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements (MD50/BR100). • Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. • Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow. • Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams. Works with end-users to implement the system, providing technical guidance and training to ensure a smooth transition. • Ability to effectively work with others in a team environment. • Project Management Practitioner. • Ability to create simple to very complex SQL queries to support ad hoc data needs and perform edits to other existing scripts. • OBIEE knowledge of base tables and relationships. • Knowledge of XML reports, API, PL/SQL, OBIEE and other relevant packages. • Must have experience creating use cases, process flows and RICE artifacts. • Previous lead role on Oracle implementation(s) a plus. • Experience working with the HRMS Module • Proven ability to meet deadlines while simultaneously working multiple projects. • Strong skills and experience in reporting, SQL, Oracle OBIEE, Interfacing/SFTP and System Integration experience.
• Sit for prolonged periods. • Perform repetitive motion. Safety Requirements: The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is a public transit service provider governed by requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Due to the nature of some work performed at the JTA/JTM, some jobs are classified as 'Safety Sensitive' and are subject to random testing for drug and alcohol use. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Application Process: To apply for this vacancy you must create a user account and profile -- then apply for the specified job opening. Applications are considered for 90 days. The Jacksonville Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- M/F/D/V.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to disclose true and accurate information on their account profile and/or resume. Falsification of this information may lead to
your disqualification from vacancy consideration and/or termination of employment.
The deadline for internal candidates to submit an application is: 01-OCT-2018
Employee & Supervisor Signatures This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will” employment relationship.