Resource Management Concepts, Inc. (RMC) provides high-quality, professional services to government and commercial sectors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional management and technology solutions supporting the protection and preservation of the people and environment of the United States of America.
RMC is hiring an Oracle Database Administrator to support our Department of Navy (DoN) customers in Charleston, SC. This is a full time position.
The selected candidate will:
- Provide Oracle database management and life cycle support for a collaborative engineering tools environment.
- Ensure increased database security through transparent encryption techniques.
- Setup RMAN configuration on Oracle database servers and ensure a standard configuration, build, and cloning process.
- Implement Data Guard configuration between databases.
- Perform database replication between Navy systems.
- Implement Oracle Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Implement performance monitoring and tuning scripts to thoroughly examine databases, monitor database growth and provide input to overall system capacity plan.
- Implement multi-site disaster recovery and high availability solutions.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Oracle 11g OCA and OCP, Oracle 12c
- Have experience with Oracle Database Appliance/Oracle RAC
- Perform Automated Storage Management (ASM)
- Possess experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Develop Linux/PERL scripts for the automation of database deployments and STIG application, when applicable.
- Implement required Oracle patches in order to ensure decreased system vulnerabilities.
- Have experience implementing upgrades in a zero-downtime production environment.
- Have experience with systems and database performance monitoring and alerting tool.
Eight (8) years of relevant Oracle Database Administration experience is required. A Bachelor of Science in Database Administration, Computer Science, or related field is preferred. The selected applicant must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification or greater (Security+ CE, equivalent, or greater) and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Security Clearance: An active Interim DoD Secret clearance is required to start. Applicant selected may be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
RMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for RMC job vacancies. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.