Veritude is hiring an Oracle Database Developer at Fidelity Investments in Merrimack, NH.
As an Oracle Database Developer this individual will play a key role in designing and delivering strategic as well as quick turn-around projects in the Quant & Risk space. The role will work closely with quantitative analysts, quant operations as well as peer technology teams in a rapid, highly iterative delivery model. A qualified candidate will be bright, highly motivated and self-starting, able to lead efforts within a small dynamic team, as well as work productively on independent assignments; and will be well versed in one or more asset classes – Equity / Fixed Income / High Income, portfolio management concepts, financial statements with a track record of supporting research and delivering software components related to finance. Additionally, this individual is a skilled engineer capable of moving seamlessly between iterative prototyping and enterprise strength application development.
While delivery may involve engineering and automation, it will also come in the form of troubleshooting and support, reverse engineering requirements and documentation. The demands are dynamic, thus a comfort level working across technologies and with ambiguous requirements is essential.
The Quant & Risk technology team is an end user / ITD team responsible for the development and support of the Quant environment covering subject areas such as Alpha, Risk, Attribution, Factor products etc. Common data includes fund holdings, benchmarks, risk models , trades, reference data, performance data, market data, securities, identifiers with integration with central database systems and external vendors. The efforts of this group are critical to investment management, quantitative analysis and new product development.
The database developer’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of quant and risk databases on Oracle central data warehouse/ datamart.
- Work 1:1 with Quant Analysts to support with strategic projects such as Cross Asset Risk Platform, Factor products, Index products as well as with their requirements for quick data sets, data analysis & information representation.
- Helping design, develop & validate tools for Investment Professionals. Support & maintain existing functionality & tools.
- Support the needs of our investment professionals and senior management in the areas of custom tools development, data analysis & information representation
- Analyze / test and work with DBA’s in moving off on-prem Exadata Oracle to new Oracle Data Environment on AWS
- Focus on process to improve efficiency, present innovative recommendations and implement resolutions across the team.
- Gather and understand internal client reporting requirements and translate into technical implementation and related documentation.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive experience with Oracle and PL/SQL
- Financial systems knowledge - preferably portfolio management & risk
- Logical data modeling and relational database design experience
- Data movement and ETL experience (Informatica)
- Autosys or a scheduling tool.
- Comfortable with multiple database concepts, i.e. RDBMS, OODB, ODS, Warehouse, Cloud AWS
- Work with minimal supervision directly with investment professionals
- Strategic thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong client focus and results orientation
- UNIX Shell scripting experience is a plus
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Fixed Income, Equity or broader asset allocation
- Experience in dealing with market data providers, i.e. Morningstar, Factset, is a plus
- Experience with Risk vendors / models – Barra, BarraOne, Northfield etc. is a plus
- Experience in AWS and related data technologies is a plus.
- Experience with advanced analytical SQL is a plus
- Progress towards CFA a plus
- Experience in data acquisition/mining, model and application development in a quantitative research environment is a plus.