Oracle EBS Application Support Specialist
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Salary: Depends on Experience
Our client is seeking an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Financials functional support to help in implementing key Financial initiatives on the Oracle platform. Having a solid finance and accounting business awareness, a key competency of the role will be the ability to develop a thorough understanding of our financial business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements within the Oracle EBS Financials product family. The individual will then call upon his/her technical and functional knowledge of Oracle EBS Financials to deliver application design, module configuration/setup, user acceptance testing, and end-user training. Project Management across the full SDLC is a plus for this position. The scope of the role supports financial business users in North America locations.
· Provide functional support for Oracle EBS Financial modules (mainly in Fixed Assets, SLA) for North America and EMEA.
· Analyze, design, configure and test Oracle Fixed Assets and SLA enhancements to support business processes.
· Good understanding of Ledger structure and inter dependency in R12.x.
· Subject matter expert in Fixed Asset functionality, e.g. depreciation, tax books, retirement and etc.
· Participate in Oracle Assets and SLA projects involving configuration, implementation, testing and user training.
· Liaise across IT domains to deliver Oracle Financials functionality including but not limited to infrastructure engineering, database, security and operations support.
· Provide day to day support of the Oracle Financials environment including applying periodic patches, reporting requirements, ad-hoc requests from business and production system support.
· Continuously reviews opportunities for improvement in how Oracle Fixed Assets and SLA platforms are leveraged, and brings best practices to the forefront.
· Must be able to produce detailed system requirements specifications, data flow diagrams, test plans, swim lane and process diagrams using standardized documentation methods
· Ensure that proposed solutions comply with the company’s technology direction.
· Ensure compliance with company’s change and security policies.
· Work closely with Oracle development team in the creation and validation of user interfaces and functional/non-functional requirements.
· Provide general technical support for Oracle EBS Financials system and user training
· Late night production support and weekend implementation work will be required
End user requirements management (20%)
Designing, configuring, developing, testing, and improving Oracle Financials platform. (35%)
Project Management (10%)
Production support for FA, SLA and GL issues. (35%)
· Demonstrated hands on technical understanding of Oracle Financials concepts in R12.x and general module functionality
· Good finance and accounting knowledge
· Ability to clearly describe end-to-end business processes and the key integration points, work cross-functionally across different business processes within an organization, and knowledge of challenges faced by implementation teams
· Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
· Project Management skills using MS Project a plus
Must have Oracle Financials R12 implementation experience with a number of Financial Modules such asAssets, SLA, etc.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive consensus and absorb and present complex ideas in a succinct and accurate manner.
· Have a team-oriented approach
· Minimum 3 years of experience in Oracle EBS Financials. Oracle R12.1 or higher experience is a must
· Experience in finance and accounting industry a plus
· Should have strong English communication and writing skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
· Must be willing to work in an energetic, fast paced and team-oriented development environment
· Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively is a necessity
· Functional level support and leadership in identifying and implementing new Financial modules
· Minimum 3+ year TOAD/SQL experience is a must
- University Degree/Preferably in a field related to computer science/software engineering or finance/accounting
- Oracle Financials certification a plus
Must be willing to work some weekends and late nights to support production, upgrades, changes, and user support via on-call rotation.
Some travel - approximately 5%.
Depends on Experience