Role: Oracle EDI Cosultant
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: Long term
- Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions
- Designs, tests and documents solutions based on system and user requirements
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Lead in-house projects in the Oracle Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay and EDI functions
- Monitors and maintains EDI/B2B applications within Oracle and IBM Cloud Services
- Analyzes software and hardware problems and coordinates workable solutions
- Performs system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, coordination and deploying
- Ensures availability and performance of systems and application environments through proactive as well as reactive analysis and maintenance.
- Representing IT as the EDI/B2B key point of contact for the business
- Works closely with internal and external clients to define, plan and deliver EDI, B2B & Oracle solutions in Finance, Procurement and Channel Revenue Mgmt. areas.
- Work within the Oracle EBS Application, managing EDI setups, enhancements, and error handling
- Provide Oracle EBS Process Improvements
- Defines and documents requirements and technical solutions
- Provides direction to IBM Cloud Services for delivery of new EDI/B2B solutions and enhancements
- Ensures effective change management and quality delivery of all EDI/B2B changes, including facilitating proper communication, testing and deployment.
- Provide ongoing review and optimization of existing EDI/B2B/Oracle processes
- Lead production support optimization effort to streamline support and enhancement ticket mgmt.
- Provide project planning, communication and status as necessary
- Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business processes to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
- Designs, tests, and documents software according to the company's systems standards, policies and procedures (SDLC).
- Reviews system test plans and system tests applications to ensure successful test cycle.
- Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, and training materials) and training for accuracy
- Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing
- In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
- Develops project plans, user acceptance test plans and communication plans for knowledge transfer to end-user
- Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Manages, resolves and documents issues and events related to system.
- Works on applications and business problems that are highly complex and diverse in scope and may include and project size, multiple applications, multiple I/T segments, contractors, global rollout, new technologies, new architectures.
- Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues.
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Learns new applications, the company's specific technologies, system behavior and business processes as they relate to customer needs.
- Key interface between IT and key business users / senior leadership in defining IT solution based on business needs.
- Plans, conducts and manages assignments involving large, high budgets (cross- functional) projects that are often global in nature.
Skills & Knowledge: Expert knowledge of system development methodology, project management, analytical/problem solving skills and relevant business and technology skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite to ensure effective and optimal solution design, deployment and support of Oracle solutions
- Experience in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Data Integration, Data Mapping, Data Translation using Integration Technologies like IBM Sterling Integrator, Dell Boomi, Microsoft BizTalk, Oracle Fusion, Mulesoft etc. And Database Systems (Oracle, SQL etc.)
- EBS R12 functional experience including but not limited to: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Order Management.
- Experience in EDI Mapping, IBM Sterling Integrator B2B 5.2.x, Oracle 12 G, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, PL/SQL, Java, JSP, C#, VB.Net etc.
- Strong knowledge of EDI Transactions (850, 855, 856, 810, 824, 867, 753, 754, 997, 204, 214, 990, 943, 947 etc.), ACH Wire Payments.
- Experience integrating with ERP systems.
- Experience with Zebra printers and label designs
- Experience with Oracle R12 or Oracle Cloud upgrade &/or implementation is a plus.
- Experience in working with managed service providers.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to put into practice commonly used SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Expert business systems process knowledge across the processes within the consumer goods and process manufacturing industries, including: Order-to-Cash (OTC), Procure-to-Pay (PTP), Acquire-to-Retire (RTR), Record-to-Report (RTR), Cost Accounting, Trade Management, Inventory Mgmt.
- Expert functional knowledge of Oracle for the supported business functions and processes, including: Financial Accounting, Treasury, Sales and Distribution, Procurement and Cost Accounting -- Supply Chain Mgmt. preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Sql/PL Sql.
- Proficiency in establishing and implementing general IT control processes such as segregation of duties, access, backup and recovery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and Issue and Project Tracking Tools like Microsoft SharePoint, JIIRA and Confluence etc.
- Proficient in Source Management Tools – Visual Studio Team Foundation, GIT, SVN etc.
- Organizational skills, professional written and verbal communication skills are required.
Supervisory Responsibility: This role does not have direct supervisory responsibilities. However, this role is expected to provide leadership, guidance and direction to IVC’s EDI/B2B MSP activities, including delivery of new solutions and production support. In addition, this role will also have project management responsibilities.
Language and Communication Skills: Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
Career Path: The Oracle EDI Lead represents the experienced role within IVC’s Information Technology organization. However, a successful candidate in this position can expect to advance their career through program and application management opportunities within the Information Technology team.