The individual will bring expertise, knowledge and experience to the ERP project as a senior Finance expert with leadership and drive, interfacing with a large number of business users, and other functional WorkStreams within the organization.
Working with internal and external consultants and business users, the Sr. Application Management Analyst will support, design, build, implement and maintain a globally common way of working for the Finance function within the ERP system, and support the existing user base and launch the implementation of new business units within the organizations.
This position combines business knowledge and an understanding of the inner-workings and configuration options of Oracle Finance modules (i.e. GL, AR, AP, Virtual Trader (helpful), HR and Costing). Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions to enable organizations to achieve their goals. This role will facilitate and improve communication between business and technical resources.
Essential Functions include:
- Have a high level understanding of the big picture from a global design perspective
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help address and resolve business issues.
- Recommend business process improvements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of users.
- Research ways to identify those that can best help serve the needs of clients.
- Gather requirements, create design documents, and perform impact analysis for application changes.
- Plan and organize tasks, report progress, and manage and coordinate with consultants for implementations.
- Develop solutions to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Oracle Financial Suite of Modules
- Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery.
- Work with existing systems to track and manage issues and enhancement opportunities.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing.
- Understand and modify the Application Configuration as required (includes system setups, flex-fields, workflow builder, custom library, profile options, etc.).
- Conduct user sessions for requirement and testing.
- 8-10 years of experience supporting Oracle Financials are required
- Knowledge of Oracle development tools and languages such as SQL or PL/SQL
- Knowledge of core Oracle E-Business Suite financial modules such as AP (including Payments), GL, AR, CE, INV and PO (R12 Financials)
- Demonstrated experience in the setup, configuration and customization of the Oracle E-Business Suite modules.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of Oracle ERP application's architecture, data structures and functionality
- Prepared detailed functional specifications for forms, extensions, interfaces, reports, conversions.
- Demonstrated experience in Software Development Life Cycles methodologies.
- Skilled in creating database views.
- Background or practical experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Virtual Trader is very helpful