Description: Manages and maintains production and/or non-production databases. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage including capacity planning, maintenance, access and security administration. Performs backup and recovery on DBMS
- Oracle Consultant (Primarily PL/SQL Environment)
We are looking for an Oracle Consultant (Who is a good PL/SQL - Procedures/ Packages
Developer and also good in creating Tables/Indexes any maintenance responsibilities of an Architect as well). This position will be a combination of roles as Database Application Developer 70% and Database Architect role 30%. (These are Custom Applications that are written in Java with-in an Oracle/PL/SQL Environment)
- This position is very hands on.
- You will work with developers on creating queries and writing stored procedures and functions.
- Experience in using editor tools like TOAD or SQL Navigator
- Work closely with developers (Java/J2EE/Spring/Hibernate/Web services) on creating queries and writing stored procedures & functions
- Experience in using data modeler tool Erwin or any other data modeler tool (take requirements and convert to database designs / build new database structures or enhance existing ones)
- Experience in creating complex Sql queries.
- Experience in writing Procedures and Packages.
- Experience in Performance tuning (Applications (PL/SQL) and possible databases).
- Experience in Designing tables (Table Spacing, Table sizes are from 10 to several hundred tables
- Be able to analyze / review exist database schemas as well as create new ones
- Identifying and executing change for partioning & archiving data and being involved in data strategy and data persistence
- Devops/production support & monitoring
- As a Business Analyst, you will create user stories and functional requirement documentation for new products and feature enhancements. You will collaborate with business, Scrum Master, end user, and other stakeholders to manage and refine the product backlog, prioritize features, perform release planning, and to evaluate and accept completed product work. Typically, your time is divided between analyzing insurance product rules, and creating or managing requirements.
- Create user stories and functional requirement documentation for new product functionality and enhancements
- Learn and understand how existing and new applications function
- Perform analysis and use data to provide recommendations on product vision
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to effectively gather and clarify product requirements
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a product backlog
- Interact with Scrum Masters, Project Managers and attend project meetings
- Collaborate with delivery partners to review test plans and product demonstrations
- Facilitate meetings effectively
- Provide project status updates
- Experience working in Agile development environment preferred
- Strong communication, collaboration, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Alliance application/business knowledge is a plus
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178