Role: Oracle Retail Tech Consultant
Client: Deckers Brands (Direct Client- No layers) Position Type: Contract # Positions: 2
Duration: 12 months long term
Work: Onsite M-F
Location: Goleta, CA 93117
Contributes to the design, operational delivery, and technical management of all Data Warehouse initiatives, whilst ensuring these initiatives support company goals and IT strategies. Working closely with the Solution Design team, Tableau team and wider business stakeholders, acting as a developer of Data Warehouse suite - including Oracle Datawarehouse, Oracle GoldenGate and Redshift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a key Data Warehouse expert within the Analytics team to drive successful adoption of best practice, standardization of data provision to the data warehouse, and proactive management of data refresh and accuracy.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry best practice for data warehousing and associated tools from both a technology and usage perspective.
- Develop ETL specifications, source to target mappings and other documentation required for ETL development.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is generated, maintained, and stored centrally.
- Contributes to the Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Support the day-to-day work of the Analytics function by offering help, advice, and troubleshooting on the systems that have been implemented.
Education & Experience
- A minimum of a relevant Bachelor s Degree and 8+ years of relevant operational experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Oracle Retail Suite of applications, especially in retail related functions in ReSA and RMS
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in writing SQL / Stored Procedures against Oracle databases
- Good understanding of ReSA and RMS table structures
- Excellent communication skills to share findings in an understandable and actionable manner
- Experience with dimensional modeling, data warehouse design, and analytical reporting is a plus.
- Experience in Data conversion and integration projects is a plus.
- Proven ability to work independently in an Agile environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work