Lincoln Mental Center is a 347 bed comprehensive acute care, level I trauma center, located in the heart of Downtown Bronx, NY. The Department of Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, is a busy outpatient clinic that annually manages approximately 31,000 outpatient visits in all aspects of dental care. The practice has 18 operatories (8 used by OMS, 9 by General Dentistry and one mini operating room. The department sponsors 2 fully accredited residency training program (6 OMS/14 GPR) and has clinical affiliation with Jacobi (for ENT experience), 2 community Medical Centers (for GPR experience) and academic affiliation with Cornell, New York U, Columbia U, and British Columbia. The Department shares an excellent relationship with all Services in the facility.
We are currently seeking an Oral Surgeon.
- Managing and creating access for surgical patients (which is a very high percentage in this community) managing patients with dental pathology.
- Providing supervision to the residents while in the clinic.
- Providing oral surgery care in the operating room, manage traumatic emergencies in the ED, treat dental pathology, manage patients with TMJ, manage deformities, manage dental infections, giving lectures to the residents and provide other managements that relates to the scope of practice of oral surgery.
- Manage the high volume of patients with varying types of complex dental disease; provide care to clinically unmanageable, physically challenged and intellectually challenged patients in the operating room under general anesthesia.
- Enhance the interdisciplinary screening and provide education in the residency training program to maintain compliance with the accreditation agency.
- Graduate of an accredited US/Canadian dental school and completion of advanced training in oral & maxillofacial surgery.
- Must have a strong educational background, excellent communication/writing skills, great interpersonal management organizational skills and must be highly motivated.