Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people ?? our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to ??Always Do The Right Thing!??
Our Oral Surgeon provides advance surgical dental services to patients; abide by the security regulations of the institution to which assigned; provide required documentation of services to the Dental Director or designee in order to monitor compensation for service compliance client contract.
- Graduated from an accredited school of dentistry medicine.
- One (1) year of experience in oral and maxillofacial surgery preferred.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as a Dentist within the State.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification.
- Reports to assigned facility at designated hour to examine, supervise and provide advanced dental surgical care/ treatmentto referred patients.
- Utilizes standard precautions when providing advanced dental care and treatment
- Evaluates patient dental care required or administered, dental operatory conditions, and equipment inuse.
- Evaluates those patients needing or applying for dental care not included under basic health care services and makes whatever recommendations deemed clinically appropriate.
- Functions as a consultant to the staff health care provider, if needed.
- Performs advanced extraction of teeth in accordance with dental policies.
- Perform advanced care for dental examination in accordance with the requirements of the facility.
- Instructs patients in good dental hygiene techniques.
- Ensures progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, legible and is dated, timed and signed.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patients?? rights to privacy, in accordance with accepted confidentiality practices for incarcerated individuals.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer