- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Carus Dental has been experiencing tremendous growth in our patient base, and we’re looking for an experienced Oral Surgeon to join our group. This need is three days per week and split between two of our practices. Ideally, we are looking for a provider who can cover our San Marcos practice two days per week and our West Lake practice one day per week. This opening is uniquely positioned to receive referrals from our doctors, as well as other doctors who practice in the community. Candidates must be committed to the highest quality of care and putting the needs of the patient first.
As an Oral Surgeon, you will perform full scope OMS procedures including dentoalveolar surgery, TMJ, trauma and pathology, in an effort to treat diseases, injuries or defects, and diagnose oral and maxillofacial related issues. Additional procedures may include simple and complex extractions, alveoplasty, apicoectomy, orthognathic, implants, osteotomy, bone grafts, and facial fracture repairs. Excellent communication skills are required to maintain our mission of providing the highest quality of patient service, and asserting our position as a provider of choice in the communities we serve.
- Examine, diagnose, prescribe, and carry out oral surgery services and treatment plans
- Educate patients on treatment including preoperative and postoperative care
- Communicate and build a foundation of trust and respect between you and the patient
- Uphold the policy, protocol, and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards
- Collaborate with General Dentists on referral cases, as well as all other clinical and non-clinical personnel as necessary.
Carus Dental has been in Austin since 1983. Our mission is to provide our communities with a personalized approach to oral healthcare of the highest quality utilizing the latest technology and proven methodologies. We have been accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care since 2000. We provide our team members with great support and resources so our providers can deliver superior care with clinical autonomy in a collaborative, patient-centric environment.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, continuing education and professional organization membership support, and a network of peer mentors. Doctors who discover their professional goals evolving into leadership opportunities are encouraged to do so and owner partnership is an option. We provide part-time associates with 401(k), continuing education, professional organization membership support and a network of peer mentors. Doctors who discover their professional goals evolving into leadership opportunities are encouraged to do so and owner partnership is an option.
To learn more about American Dental Partners and Carus Dental please visit us at www.amdpi.com and www.carusdental.com.
- Required Experience
- Completed an Oral Surgery Residency accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or have at least 5+ years of experience focused primarily on oral surgery
- Current, valid license to practice dentistry in state where providing care (License must be in good standing) or eligible for licensure.
- DDS/DMD from a dental education program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Other certifications as required by state to include- CPR, DEA, etc.
- Job Location
- San Marcos, Texas, United States
- Position Type