- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Premier Dental Partners, a multi-specialty group practice, has been providing dental care to its patients for over 25 years. The dentists and specialty doctors at Premier Dental Partners offer a complete range of dental services, focusing on general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative, oral surgery, endodontic and periodontal dentistry. Each of our twelve dental offices, conveniently located throughout the St. Louis and St. Charles metropolitan areas, offers state of the art dental equipment and technology in a warm and caring environment. Our dentists take great pride in providing their patients with the highest standard of personalized dental care and will do everything possible to make them feel relaxed and confident about the quality of care that they receive. Most importantly, our staff is committed to a personal relationship with each and every patient, and committed to building a lasting relationship with their patients.
A Surgical Dental Assistant supports and assists Surgeons with patient care. It is essential to be able to lead, be flexible, friendly, have a ‘can do’ personality and work in a timely fashion. In addition, an Oral Surgery Assistant must display open communication to co-workers and a commitment to an excellent patient outcome.
- Prepare surgery area for surgical procedures
- Obtain and record Medical History
- Obtain and record vital signs – blood pressure, respiration rate, and pulse oximetry
- Take and prepare current and applicable x-rays
- Prepare IV solutions and administration sets
- Prepare patient consent forms regarding surgery and the use of anesthesia
- Prepare patient for surgical treatment and sedation anesthesia
- Monitor intravenous fluid and vital signs during procedures
- Assist with general anesthesia and intravenous sedations
- Transferring surgical instruments and prepare surgical dressings
- Effectively communicate pre- and post-operative care instructions
- Prepare prescriptions
- Suture removal / place and remove surgical dressings
- Obtain and communicate any medical clearances needed prior to any surgical procedures
- Documentation in patients treatment record when appropriate
- Basic understanding of medical and dental insurance for patient education
- Assist with surgical procedures
- Prepare biopsy documentation and maintain biopsy log
- Demonstrate knowledge of drug log, emergency procedures, and emergency medications
- Maintain inventories and ordering of supplies
- (This would include all controlled substances used in the surgical practice.)
- Maintain operatory cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- High school diploma and demonstrated ability to assume dental assistant responsibilities.
- Six months on-the-job experience assisting an oral surgeon in local and IV sedation surgeries.
- Sedation certification or DAANCE certification not required but preferred.
- Current dental assistant license is required in certain states.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of dental records and documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Comply with protocols and standards.
- Exercise knowledge of dental instruments and terminology.
- Support corporate vision and strategy.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about Premier Dental Partners and our business partner American Dental Partners, please visit us at www.premierdentalpartners.com.
- Job Location
- Creve Coeur, Missouri, United States
- Position Type