The selected candidate for this role will:
- Develop, document, integrate, maintain and operate radar data reduction and analysis computer tools.
- Participate in experiments with space surveillance radars such as HUSIR, HAX, and the NASA Goldstone Solar System
- Participate in experiments to improve computer models of the space debris environment.
- Work closely with JETS Orbital Debris Research & Science Operations (ODRSO) colleagues and our NASA customer’s
Orbital Debris Program Office (ODPO).
- Support and participate in technical interchange meetings.
- Present work products to customers and counterparts (written & verbal).
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business
needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline and a minimum of four (4) years
of related experience, or a MS degree from an accredited college or university in an associated technical discipline with
a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in an associated
technical discipline with zero (0) years of related experience.
- Experience in radar software signal and data processing, Fourier Transform signal processing, radar matched filters,
target detection software and algorithms, and noise reduction techniques.
- Experience with software development/maintenance.
- Experience with advanced computer languages (MATLAB, C/C++, FORTRAN, Python).
- Experience in analyzing radar data and determining trends, uncertainties, and error sources.
- Ability to work with radar system engineers to troubleshoot radar data/data processing problems and determine the
appropriate corrective actions.
- Willing to travel to conferences and radar installations occasionally (domestic and international).
- Must meet eligibility requirements to receive and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
- Test planning for radar measurements of Earth-orbiting objects.
- Experience with laboratory-based measurement data collection.
- Experience as a director and/or lead position overseeing projects/personnel.
- Experience with computational applications, e.g. MatLab or Simulink.
- Direct experience with ground- or space-based radar assets.
- Work effectively in interdisciplinary teams and possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with writing grants/proposals.
- Exhibit the qualities of creativity, conception, vision and personal initiative, and the ability to develop new cooperative
relationships and team capabilities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Click Here To Apply