Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc - Langhorne, PA
Position Title: Order Filler/Loader
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 2nd Shift
Metals USA - Plates & Shapes Division is a solid, growth oriented carbon steel distribution center servicing the defense, commercial construction, road construction and fabrication industries.
The Order Filler/Loader under general supervision performs duties related to the storage and movement of inventory or equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Reads work orders, ships work orders and follows verbal instructions.
* Pulls and assembles customer orders in order for delivery.
* Operates cranes to load/unload trailers.
* Operates forklift (5k or 10k) to load/unload trailers
* Fills order, inspects and packs the order and loads and ships the order.
* Receives and returns items into stock inventory as needed.
* Loads and unloads material on to and/or from trailers.
* Transports material from storage and/or worksites to designated areas using either an overhead crane or forklift.
* Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load destination, crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
* Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information bundles and skids of materials for proper identification.
* Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or personal injuries.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of an order filler.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Valid OSHA Forklift Certification
* Valid Overhead Crane Certification
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
* Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
* Must use 3 points of contact when going up and down a flatbed of a truck. Must use the company approved platform ladders.
* Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Steel-toed boots
* Hard hats with chin strap; chin strap must be worn at all times while on elevated surfaces
* Protective eyewear
* Hand protection
* Arm guards/sleeves
* Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Environmental temperature changes hot & cold
* Working inside and outside of the warehouse
* Moderate to loud noise levels
* Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
* Day and night shifts
* High School Graduate or equivalent
* Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions
* Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read instructions, work orders, safety and policies manuals)
* Proficient measuring skills and the ability to read measuring tapes, micrometers and calipers
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and documents, blueprints
* Warehouse experience preferred
* Experience in a heavy industrial environment preferred
* Experience working with heavy equipment preferred
* Overhead crane/forklift experience required
* Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality
* Demonstrated manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled