Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
ScheduleVarious shift includes weekends and holidays
Pickers are responsible for filling orders by moving specific products from warehouse storage onto a pallet so it can be packed and loaded onto a truck.
Essential Responsibilities Include, but Not Limited To
- Pick orders in a refrigerated warehouse using a voice pick system
- Build pallets and prepare orders to go out for delivery
- Double check orders for accuracy
- Communicate any inventory, stocking, racking or equipment maintenance issues to supervisors
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Efficiency: pick rate (items picked / hours worked)
- Quality: order accuracy % (error-free orders / total orders)
- Speed: ability to walk fast, lift fast, work fast and never slow down to reach pick-rate targets (100-150 pcs picked per hour)
- Safety-focused: right way to pick up boxes, operating equipment used, stacking a pallet, attention to detail to prevent accidents, injuries, and/or near-miss incidents
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment, 35 – 45 degrees
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently
- Ability to work without direct supervision and to prioritize activities under pressure
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment
- Ability to actively engage in continuous improvement activities
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.