JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE:
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Organizational Development and Communications Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of organizational development, administrative and clerical duties to with emphasis in recruiting, new employee orientation, employee well-being and development as well as the day-to-day activities, programs, and procedures that support Human Resources strategy. Professionalism, discretion, confidentiality and a positive attitude are absolute essentials of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded from time to time to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
- Comply with all safety and health guidelines, quality standard practices/procedures and housekeeping standards.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment/facilitation for hourly and contract (temporary) employees.
- Leads and coordinates innovative recruitment strategies to source candidates, which includes promotion of our brand as an employer in job posting and external advertising, as well as applicant screening, interviewing, and tracking.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of all new employee orientations and process all new hire paperwork timely and accurately.
- Serves as main point of contact for hourly new hires at various points during their critical first four months of employment to help identify opportunities that will increase the success of new employee retention.
- Main resource for employee communication including announcements, functions, and benefits as assigned by the Director of Human Resources and the CEO.
- Supports and coordinates efforts to enhance employee awareness of HR programs, messages and initiatives by creating and aligning broad-based communications.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Serves as HR administrator for ensuring confidentiality, database integrity and functionality, which includes creating, and modifying new and existing HR data reports.
- Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and other status changes.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Assist in the coordination of the Signicast intern and apprenticeship programs.
- Maintains listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels for assigned plants.
- Supervisory Responsibilities – None.