The Organizational Development & Training Manager (ODTM) uses behavioral science and an understanding of company systems to maximize efficiency in the workplace. The ODTM implements programs to strengthen employee knowledge and abilities, improve leadership and maintain overall company cultural health. This leader works with management to develop resources to assist them in meeting Departmental as well as Corporate Goals while creating training programs.
Leader in the manufacture of Consumer Electronics.
1. Collaborate with President on developing effective Leadership Roles descriptions aligned with Corporate Plan Objectives.
2. Create staff development & training strategies based on company goals and enhanced organizational unity.
3. Implement individual and team development tools to assist in meeting long and short-term business goals.
4. Define change management processes to improve organizational performance and build unity within the leadership level.
5. Develop continuous process improvements to enhance organizational effectiveness along with collateral training methodology.
6. Educate company staff on new organizational and business planning processes.
7. Develop job training and professional development programs for employees to assist them in their personal career path.
8. Identify job positions; ensure they are filled with the right professionals (including utilizing recruiters and on-line tools as needed).
9. Develop employee recruiting, retention and reward system including compensation policies and metrics.
10. Create Search and On-boarding process for each new full-time and temporary position.
11. Create Regular Employee Review Process including performance metrics, training systems and goal-oriented job descriptions.
12. Build positive and achievement-oriented working environment for employees including clearly identified performance metrics.
13. Develop and enforce company policies and procedures including disciplinary action as needed (up to and including termination).
14. Work with management to address employee concerns and conflicts while building open interdepartmental communication.
15. Collaborate with fellow Managers to identify Organizational-related problems and find long-range solutions.
16. Active participation in Team-Based Employee-Ownership Cultural Development Process.
17. Provides Organizational Development & Training input to Executive Leadership as part of the Annual Business Planning Process.
18. Work with President on Long Range Planning related to Organizational and Staff Requirements.
19. Works with Vice President of Finance & Administration on Employee Staffing and Administrative Matters including compliance.
A Bachelor's Degree in organizational management and development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. 5+ Year Experience in Organizational Development or Related field.
2. Proven Leadership Experience including Membership in Corporate Management Committees.
3. Must be able to comprehend legal documents.
4. Strong communication skills.
5. Strong Research and Analytical Skills with an attention to detail.
6. Ability to work in a Team Environment.
7. Self-Starter, Personal Initiative.
Company growth and competitive salary and benefits package.