DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient populations served: Orthopedic and spine surgeries including but not limited to joint replacements, spinal fusions, laminectomies, neurological conditions, trauma and Offsite cardiac monitoring.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Understands and is proficient at research and evidence based practice for quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of stabilization and assessment of the trauma, orthopedic, neurosurgical, stroke and brain injured patient; takes appropriate actions based on assessment of the patient.
- Understands and is proficient at providing orthopedic care; such as but not limited to caring for patients with total joints, spines, trauma, sports injury, and neurological systems injuries. Must be proficient and able to provide pain management, ambulation, positioning, assessment, wound care and use of equipment for orthopedics.
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding cardiac rhythms and intervenes appropriately.
- Other RN duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas--Required
- BCLS certified--Required
- *ACLS certified--Required
*Note: ACLS needs to be completed within 6 month after hire date
- Bachelors in Nursing Science—Preferred
- Associates degree or Diploma in Nursing--Required
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years of Medical Nursing or Orthopedic Nursing experience--Preferred
- Medical Surgical ANCC Certification or ANCC Orthopedic Nurse Certification--Preferred
- Reads and writes basic English--Required
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.--Required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills--Required
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partner needs.--Required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency--Required
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.